The “family” just can’t let me get away with it. They demanded for their own post – this post. “Hammies year two” … that is what the title means.
My three most senior hamsters are already two years old today. The whole family are very grateful about it😀 for two years in hamsters is an age equivalent to about 80 years old in humans. And if yesterday, I and my wife were honeys for 20 years; 45 days from now, two of these seniors will turn hammie-honeys for 2 years.
• Mochahontas, the widowed wife, a mother of ‘posthumous’ litter of six.
Just for the record:
I’ve been keeping records of my hamster’s “chronicles” even before I gained access to the internet:
• 19 had lived and died before I started to blog.
• One died soon, less than two weeks after I launched this blog.
• 13 were left to be seen “on-live” in my posts.
Out of the 13, nine are still living as of this day).
That makes a total of 33 hamsters.
Of the 24 that had already perished:
• 11 reached over 2 years and perished of plain old age.
• 2 lived past their 22nd month (equivalent to about mid-70s) and succumbed to illness of old age.
• 4 lived between 18 and 21 months (60 and 70) and perished due to trauma, illness or disease.
• 4 lived between 12 and 17½ months (40 and 50s) and perished due to trauma or illness.
• 2 lived between 4 and 6½ months (14 and 20s) and perished due to accident or trauma.
• 1 (adopted, not a family member) lived for only over a month (equivalent to a toddler in humans) and died of illness due to environmental stress.
Notable death coincidences:
• Mocha Rurik reached the oldest age among my them (2 yrs 4 mos 10 das).
I still don’t know well why some hamsters live longer than others. The oldest hamster I know on record across the cyberspace is Javi’s hamster Baruchito (over 2 years 10 months); Another well-cared for hammie – Pyza’s Chmurka, lived for only about 20 months.
• Blakdyak (2 years 1 day) departed on the midnight past his birthday (B-day, 2004 Dec 13; D-day, 2006 Dec 14).
• Beria (the elder) passed away at a young age (1 yr 5 mos 21 das) in 2006, on a Christmas eve.
• Arrow (1 yr 8 mos 2 das) passed away prematurely on the day his grand offspring, the Boolagangs were born (2007 Mar 05), 11 days after the Boolagang’s father, the elder Berio (1 yr 2 mos 28 das) perished.
• Because Beria-girdel perished at a very tender age (6 months 15 days) of birthing problems, I decided that her sister Bebang-girdel be celibate for the rest of her life. The ironic and remarkable thing is that Bebang-girdel succumbed to cancer at age 1 year 1 month 1 day, which if counted in days is 398 days – exactly double that of his sister (199 days).
This post is supposed to be on birthdays; so NICE of me to talk about deaths.
The truth is, Life is a one way continuum… While the thought of physical death in itself may be uncomfortable, the reality of the certainty of second DEATH for most is more unimaginable.
Birth • → → → L i f e → → → • Death → Eternity, but where to: LIFE or DEATH?
Have you heard about the second BIRTH? That can only happen within “Life” – somewhere between the two dots. That is a “concern” that needs not bother any hamster, though.
Oo nga… wala sa life agenda ng mga hamsters yan (o maski na anong hayop).